Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Sailor Moon Bodice: DONE!

(What I was aiming for)

How I made it:

I cut out four layers. There is one layer of cotton sateen, a layer of lining, a layer of interfacing, and a layer of lace.

I sewed the interfacing to the cotton sateen. Then I pinned the other layers to the interfaced one and basted everything together. I then sewed the bodice pieces together at the front panel seams using regular stitches and unpicked the basting.

Then, I used a metallic needle and thread and made scallop stitches. I cut as close as I could to the stitching line.

I made the bow out of two layers of sateen and heat n bond heavy interfacing, plus a little fabric for the knot.

Finally, I took my trusty snap pliers and used snaps to adhere the bodice to the bow. Due to the thickness of the bow and bodice, sewing the edges did not work.

Overall, I'm happy with it. It looks so much better in person, and the camera doesn't capture how freaking cool the metallic thread looks.

I'll get to working on the skirt in a week or two. It's going to be a real doozy, but the whole thing will look amazing when it's done.

Edit: decided to add some bling. Three rows of bling, to be exact.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and coverage! Keep up the excellent works guys I've included you guys to blogroll. paypal mastercard login



Template by | Header Image by Freepik