Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Almost there...


So, I've been working on the bodice mockup a lot. Yesterday I finished sewing the lining to the main fabric and I had some fitting issues. I felt in some areas, it was too big. Mainly the bust. I was not supportive, even with the boning in. I had to wear a bra.

Before adjusting, closing with a zipper:
































After taking in the middle front panel an inch on one side and closing with laces:
































Better, but not perfect. At least I don't have to wear a bra. I have to take the pinned area in by the same amount, that should eliminate the gapping in the bust and make it fit even better. The waist and hips are fine. Should be able to finish it up this week.

As far as the actual instructions and putting it together went, it was pretty easy for the most part. I'm an absolutely beginner and felt that the instructions were clear.


1 comment:

  1. I made this as a gift for a girl who just turned 12. I've seen lots of gorgeous versions online like this one on Anthropologie or this nice DIY one on Martha ,but I needed to make something a little bit more youthful looking - so here's what I came up with! http://sewingmachinejudge.com/

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik